Storrs Hill Work Day

On Saturday, September 18, 2010 a group of volunteers from CRC worked with some Lebanon Outing Club members to repaint the Ski Lodge at the Storrs Hill Ski Area.

The Storrs Hill Ski Area in Lebanon, New Hampshire was founded in 1923 by Erling Heisted. He envisioned a place where all the local children could learn to enjoy winter sports. For many years the City of Lebanon ran the operations of the ski area. In recent years it has been run by volunteers of the Lebanon Outing Club. Volunteers run the ski lift, organize lessons, and maintain the trails during the off-season. Two employees manage the hill and groom the trails.

The Ski Lodge had not been painted since it was built around 15 years ago. Ken Packard, Jim Alexander, and Karl Dahlstrom led the crew of about 12 workers. The crew worked from 9 am to 3 pm and painted the entire exterior of the Ski Lodge. We were glad to contribute toward the continued operation of this treasured local resource.

Related Posts

Recent

Archive

Categories

Tags